Updated: November 12, 2012
Cheque or Money Order
Please make cheque or money order payable to: Alpha-1 Canada and send to:
1638 Northway Avenue
Windsor, ON N9B 3L9
Alpha-1 Canada is a charitable not-for-profit organization, registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (Registration Number: 82264 7871 RR0001).
We gladly accept your contributions by cheque or money order made payable to “Alpha-1 Canada” or by credit card securely through CanadaHelps.org.
We issue tax receipts for donations over $10.
Alpha-1 Canada has a number of programs and services that can benefit from your support:
- the patient support hotline at 1-888-669-4583 is available to patients and their caregivers for information on both a regular and emergency basis
the medical advisory board meets regularly providing the board of directors and staff with information on the latest advances in research and treatments
- the web site is continually updated with the latest information
- the monthly newsletter keeps patients and their caregivers up-to-date on current events and offers stories about fellow Alphas
- in addition to the web site and newsletter, printed materials are distributed and are available to anyone, printing and postage are very expensive
- patient support is offered through a variety of methods including e-mail, the hotline (1-888-669-4583), a number of support groups as well as our new “drop-in support group” that meets monthly by telephone conference offering you the ability to ask other Alphas how they deal with things you may also be dealing with and guest speakers when available, this has become a very helpful, but expensive, resource
- through Alpha-1 Canada’s membership in the Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders (CORD) we keep informed about government activities related to healthcare and drug coverages and participate in supporting those initiatives that will benefit the Canadian Alpha-1 Community
- These are just a few of the programs and services you can support and help others. You can also receive a tax write-off in the process.
These are just a few of the programs and services you can support and help others. You can also receive a tax write-off in the process.
The following links provide more information on giving to charities in Canada.